Want to travel on a budget or just want to grab a good deal? Try these travel tips to save big on your next vacation.
Where To Go
Instead of hitting up all of the major attractions at your destination, check out these local resources for an educational, exciting and relaxing time for a smaller place.
- Local Park Districts – Get into the local scene of your vacation destination with events like local concerts, ice rinks and zoos.
- Cultural Events – From San Francisco’s Chinese New Year Parade to Pow Wows in New Mexico, cultural events are an easy way to see traditions you’ve never experienced before, wherever you go.
- Smaller Historical Sites – See history reveal itself at smaller historical plantations, monuments and battlefields. They offer a similar experience for a fraction of the cost of larger sites.
- Museums – There are museums around the world for every interest, so be sure to search for them on your next getaway for free or a small donation.
- National Wildlife Refuges – Beautiful views and world-class recreation for a fraction less than national parks and monuments.
How To Catch Good Hotel DealsTravel during the off-season this way you will get good deals that will fall easily into your budget. You can also join reward programs for different hotels they can offer you great deals. Keep following your hotel on different social media platforms to keep a check on their deals and offers.
- Save The Date – Bear in mind that booking your flight for less-popular times or days of the week can usually save you money. Avoid travelling on Fridays and Sundays as these are the most expensive days.
- Flying? Pack Light – The majority of airlines charge you to check baggage. The fees many not seem like a big deal, but they can build up and eat into a tight budget. The fewer bags you pack, the less it will cost.
- Go Public – Public transportation is an inexpensive, efficient way to travel. Buying a weekly or 24-hour pass can save you big money if you’re staying for a couple of days or more.
- Ride The Bus – Bus companies offer steep discounts getting you from city to city, some even as low as a few dollars. Go on their website 30 days before your trip for the best prices.
- Renting A Car? – Price your car rental even after you make your reservation and make your reservation at a non-airport location to save. Many rental car companies will provide pick-up service to and from the airport.